Class: Primary four Subject: Phonetics
Instruction: Answer all the questions
- There are ____ vowels letters in English language (a) 5 (b) 10 (c) 26 (d) 3
- When the vowels are removed, the remaining letters are called ______ (a) diphthongs (b) consonants (c) sounds (d) letters
- Consonants sound are represented by ________ (a) symbols (b) lines (c) marks (d) colors
- We have ____ alphabets letters. (a) 18 (b) 20 (c) 26 (d) 24
- How many spoken consonants sounds do we have? (a) 21 (b) 24 (c) o5 (d) 28
- One of these is not example of word for the below consonants sound /k/ (a) keg (b) rock (c) cot (d) graph
- Identify the word that is contained in this sound /n/ (a) linen (b) vest (c) shed (d) measure
- Consonants symbols are always enclosed with _______ slant lines. (a) five (b) two (c) one (d) three
From the words lettered A-D chooses the word that contains the sound which is represented by the symbol in each row.
- /g/ (a) bat (b) cat (c) gum (d) ten
- /t/ (a) mug (b) crept (c) rack (d) jog
- /dz/ (a) leg (b) sold (c) dog (d) large
- /o/ (a) thank (b) television (c) zip (d) rat
- /w/ (a) web (b) happy (c) verb (d) hoe
- /v/ (a) sun (b) vest (c) ram (d) hymn
- There are ________ written consonant letters in English language. (a) 30 (b) 21 (c) 24 (d) 15
Answer all questions
- Group and underline the consonant /t/ and /d/ in the following words according to the symbols used in them (asked, mat, dog, throat, red, middle, table, stopped, begged, lead.
- Make a sentence with the following objects
- Read the following sentence below and underline the words that have the sounds /k/ and /g/
- Our home is in the heart of the town.
- My classroom is larger than yours.
RELATED EXAMINATION QUESTIONS FOR STUDENTS TO READ